Each student has different learning styles and behaviors that govern their learning process. It is significant to be able to understand these behaviors so that you can give them the appropriate teaching style that best works for them. These learning behaviors can also help you understand how to establish a certain form of learning method that suits well with their memory processing and ability to retain information from the things they acquire. Here, you will get an idea of the most common learning behaviors that are possessed by students.
Different Learning Behaviors
- Demonstrates Interpersonal Skills
Learners who belong in this category are socially active. They love to collaborate in a team and present their ideas with them. They also are motivated to contribute work and opinion in their learning space. Interacting digitally is also a thing that ignites their motivation to learn new things.
- Demonstrates Perseverance
Learners with this learning behavior show no fear in overcoming challenges and extracting difficult information. They try to create new strategies that will enable them to acquire information and knowledge much efficiently. These types of learners love to ask questions, solve problems, and hear feedback from their works.
- Demonstrate Initiative
Students who possess this learning behavior always love to seek ways on how to improve their work. They also are into technology when it comes to demonstrating what they have learned. Learners with this behavior also take and select academic risks and appropriate tools that they think are best for them.
- Demonstrate Collaboration
Learners with this behavior are collaborative in nature. They work well with different types of learning environments. The good thing about learners with this behavior is that they are willing to accept the ideas of others even if they have their own. They share responsibility and are much willing to compromise.
Memory Functioning and Learning
Learning and memory are two inseparable functions of the human brain. Learning is the way of acquiring knowledge and memory is a way to express what one has learned. Here are ways on how a student can learn and how they can improve their memory functioning. Take note of these helpful strategies as this can significantly improve a learner’s performance. These ways are also beneficial in reinforcing knowledge to students in a way that’s easy for them to understand and remember in the long term.
- Make sure to present information using multiple formats. This would surely benefit all students as they have different learning styles and behavior. The lessons can be presented through a video presentation, a pdf to read, a concept map of the summary of the lesson, etc.
- Encourage learners to use various memory strategies. Once they have explored all of the available learning styles and behaviors, they would surely arrive at the one that would work best for them.
- Be sure to recognize that they have different paces of learning and technological proficiency.
- Create shorter but easy-to-understand content. Make sure that the lessons you present provide all of the most important information that they need to know. You can present this in a concept map as it can be much easier to digest and memorize. Having a short presentation will keep them more engaged in the discussion and they will easily remember it.
It is not effective to settle only with one teaching method as students have different learning styles and behavior. As an e-Learning platform, dealing with learning psychology must be a priority to best deliver your goals and objectives in the community. Avail of our high-quality learning services now by signing up and enrolling in our courses.